About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Friday, October 5, 2007

Barcelona, Spain {Las Ramblas}


September 12, 2006

This morning I walked down Las Ramblas to the port. Street performers, sidewalk cafes, markets and flower and bird shops line this beautiful pedestrian street. At the very end of Las Ramblas is the iconic statue of Christopher Columbus next to the port. After watching the sailboats at the port, I continued walking to the beautiful beaches located in Barcelona. Later that evening I went to a sidewalk cafe for my 1st experience with Paella,  similar to Louisiana Jambalaya,  and ordered Sangria. As soon as I ordered it began to storm. I ran inside to eat and drink and 5 hours later the torrential downpour stopped. It was now 12:30 am but as luck would have it, the Tapas Bars were in full swing. Spain eats and parties late.

September 13th. 

More rain. Used the hop on, hop off bus to see the sights but not picture worthy due to weather. Train to Cannes, France leaves at 4:32 pm.


































1 comment:

zeil said...

nice place..........!