About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Florence, Italy {Statute of David}















September 21, 2006

My overnight train arrived in Florence at 9:30 am. My hotel was only 1 block from the train station which is very convenient and close to tourist attractions. After checking in, I went to the Academia and waited for 2 hours in line. 

The Statute of David picture above was taken in the Academia. You are not allowed to take pictures but I carefully snapped a few pictures without being noticed. The other statutes were in various piazzas. Afterwards I went to the Uffizi Gallery to see the "Old Masters" paintings which is not my thing. Another 1.5 hours in line for the ticket. At night I visited the various Piazzas and watched various street artists perform and do my favorite thing, PEOPLE WATCH. 










No comments: