About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Friday, October 5, 2007

Paris, France

 September 6, 2006

After arriving in Paris, I checked into my room, showered and went out to explore Paris. A breakfast croissants at a local bakery and my FIRST EVER subway experience. This country boy from Louisiana was very apprehensive and a little scared of the unknown but quickly figured out how to get to the Arc de Triomphe and climbed to the top. Construction began in 1806 by Napolean to celebrate his armies victories. The Arc de Triomphe is also connected to the Champs-Elysees which is one of the main streets in Paris. Then to the Eiffel Tower which is probably the most recognized monument in the world. It was originally built as a temporary, decorative centerpiece for the 1889 Universal Exhibition but was saved from demolition and used as a radio tower because it was the tallest structure in Europe. Today, it is the very symbol of Paris. It blinks the first 10 minutes of each hour at night.














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good