About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Friday, October 5, 2007

Venice, Italy

September 16, 2006

I just arrived in Venice after spending the night traveling on the train in a sleeper car from Monaco. Venice was beautiful but after 4-5 hours you pretty much have seen almost everything. I was supposed to stay 2 nights but only stayed one. It is very expensive and truly can be seen in 1 day if short on travel time. Many backpackers arrive early in morning, check their backpack at train station, and spend the day in Venice. Then back on the train to another place. The streets are narrow, not straight and change names every 50 feet. Everyone is lost. The Piazza San Marco {St. Mark's Square} is impressive as is St. Mark's Basilica. Watch out for the pigeons. lol











































































No comments: